Also known as National Catch Up on My Life Month. **
Thank you to all who came looking for me on the first day of NaBloPoMo; you know me, you really, really know me!
Yeah, November First found me kinda busy & tired. I spent most of the day cleaning my ex-husband's garage so he'd have room to store the portable generator that my parents have given him since they now have a natural gas powered generator hard-wired to their home for my dad's supplemental oxygen for his COPD and, now, large-cell lung cancer. But I didn't get started with that project until after I took my son to an emergent dental consult to discuss pulling a baby tooth that is in the way of a newly erupted permanent tooth that we discovered at his orthodontics follow-up (on Wednesday, two weeks after his regular bi-annual dental cleaning) to make sure all is well with the maintainer-wire for his palate expander as we "millimeter" towards a bone-graft & serious head-gear to really get some growth going with that upper dental arch before he hits his teen years. Of course, I must have been crazy to have even planned such a project for the day after my pre-K daughter's school field-trip to Tate's Farms Pumpkin Patch on what was shaping up to be a rainy Halloween; yes, I was the crazy mom who got into the corn crib & helped bury kids, who hopped on the bounce bubble with all the little ones, who took a turn on the loooooong corrrrrrrrugated tunnel slide, who held jackets, who tied shoes, who had THE bottle of hand sanitizer in her purse for lunch, who bought fifteen extra pounds of pumpkins and who bought an over-priced souvenir sports-sippy of cola so the girl would have one of her own just like her brother got at this age five years ago.
And if THAT was just a sample of one day, boy, do I have a BUNCH to catch up on.
Happy NaBloPoMo
** This post was actually written on November second and back dated, but I promise you, I was composing on my drive home Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment