Saturday, November 23, 2013
Shopaday: Holiday Haul for DLG
Guess what, y'all.
I DID find a Lalaloopsy "Jewel Sparkles" for DLG. yep-yep
That day I was running barely on time for MLB's tooth-pulling, when I thought I was running ahead of schedule? And stopped at Wal-Mart first? It was a hunch. I didn't see any "Sparkles" remaining on the front-of-the-store display, but I did see just one "Crumb Sugar Cookie." The web info about the Lalaloospy dolls had mentioned this one had also been popular-- and gosh-darn-it, she was cute-- so I chose her. Just in case....
I was willing to trek back to the toy department.... just in case.
I found a slice of shelving on the doll-aisle filled with the Lalaloopsy gals. Mini dolls and soft-body dolls populated the top sections, but on the very bottom shelf were the dolls in the series I was searching. "Sugar" and I sat down on the floor, and I started digging to the back of the shelf.
There she was!
The LAST "Jewel Sparkles"!
(Thank You, God!!!)
(("Sugar" came with us, too, since she'd hung with me all this time, and gosh-darn-it, she was cute.))
So here's the dolls ("Sugar" and her mouse are on the left; "Sparkles" and her cat are on the right.) And there's that Hello Kitty Jet. It might be a mistake, but I found a Hello Kitty ceramic mug on sale so DLG can have a mug just like the adults. Also a Hello Kitty double-wall, lidded, straw cup to be on the safer side. A Blue M&M double-wall, lidded, straw cup because you cannot have too many kid cups. Yep, that's a back-scratcher. The kids keep poaching the adults' bamboo back-scratchers; might as well stuff a stocking with a dollar-store find and make all backs happy.
That's not the whole of DLG's holiday gifts. I need to select out a few more things like books and holiday gee-gaws that I've tuck away in a box during the year. I would still like to find that Disney I Found It! game. Maybe get her a DVD or a special piece of clothing. But this is a start.
No, she doesn't get my hat box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment