Saturday, November 2, 2013

Guess What I Did Today?


I auditioned.

For a play.

For a play being produced by Fantasy Playhouse Children's Theater:
"The Great Cross-Country Race," a retelling of the tortoise and hare fable.

I've been wanting to audition with them, but until now, my schedule didn't mesh.  To perform with them would be a delight, since I have a 9yo & a 4yo who would appreciate hanging out with me at the rehearsal space.

Fantasy Playhouse auditions with monologues, either from prepared pieces or from a variety of sides available at sign in.  When I turned in my audition form, the charming women at the table gave me "The Forgetful Fairy Godmother."  Sweet!  Elderly & daffy-- right up my alley.  I had so much fun with that piece; I used my glasses for searching, and crawled on the floor trying to find my wand.  I can be humble, but y'all, I rocked.

Even better, I was "called back" to further audition on Sunday!

Yay me!!!

I had fun; it's been a while since I've auditioned for anything.  It was good to "get back in the saddle again," so to speak.  Even better to audition and, I hope, perform with Fantasy again.  I haven't done anything with them since I got started with theater in Huntsville, almost 15 years ago.

In 1999.

With "The Great Cross-Country Race."



1 comment: