A FaceBook friend is busy collecting Random Acts of Kindness. To quote Ronda Fisher Lewallen Shickles: “On Nov. 26th my mom Martha McClain Lewallen would have been 60! We had big plans for 60 but sadly those plans won’t see fruition. BUT I STILL HAVE BIG PLANS! In honor of my mom’s 60th birthday I want to collect 60 Random Acts of Kindness in her memory! I am asking my friends to do something nice for someone for no reason and then tell me about it in a private message or email. On Nov 26th I will post all of the RAWs done in memory of Mom. It doesn’t have to cost you money but if you have money to spare… there is always someone else who could use a little extra. If you are short on ideas… check the links in the first couple of comments! I am super excited about celebrating Mom and her birthday this way and I hope my friends and hers will be just as excited!”
I’m having a hard time deciding what I shall give.
What would be a Random Act of Kindness… for me.
I could always make a monetary donation, but don’t I usually plan those? I even make it a point during Salvation Army Kettle Season to carry singles and change with me. If it’s planned it, is it random?
I could always let someone in line in front of me— at the store or in traffic— but isn’t that supposed to be common courtesy? Traffic backs up on my route home, so taking turns/merging only makes sense. So does letting someone with a few items in front, or someone with a squirmy child. If it’s courtesy, is it random?
I try to smile at others, or be pleasant while in my own thoughts. I try to give others the benefit of the doubt. I try to compliment folks, share happy thoughts. I try to say “I love you” as often as I can. I try to give hugs as often as I can. If it’s usual, is it random?
I’m not belittling any of the above. They are all wonderful and should be a regular part of everyone’s life. I just want to make sure what I do is simple yet spectacular, just like the best gifts should be.
What to offer? What to offer?
I’ll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment