Friday, December 21, 2012

Life Is So Strange

When you don't know where you're going.

Or at least that's what the song says.

Sorry I failed to complete a perfect 30 days of NaMoBloPo, but let's just say that "life is so strange." In a matter of speaking.

I'm feeling stifled, not writing as regularly as I have been. And, admittedly, some friends have encouraged me to take time to put my thoughts on paper. They seem to think I'm good and they miss what I have to say.

Sometimes, I don't know where my thoughts are going, so this is a good of a forum as any. But until something gels, and it will (and it will faster as I figure out this whole iCloud thingie-- I have WAY TOO MANY photos stored on my phone, but I need them all!!!), let me throw out another blast from the past. Another poem from high school. (I suspect I'll start composing verse again soon.) In case you ever wondered about the name of my blog, some inspiration from back in 1983.

Me, Myself, Am I

Me, myself, am I.
As I look in the waves
Of the pond, I know
That she is right and
That they were right and
That I've been right all through
My pains, my sorrows, and
My joys, my loves, too.
Alone, in a single,
Coveted morning--
Sweet, still, damp and living
In the midst of winter,
With ducks quacking like kids,
And kids acting like ducks--
I write a memo for morn:
Me, myself, am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment