If you count, today is the "Second Day of Christmas."
"Two Turtle Doves" you know.
So, Hallmark started a new "12 Day of Christmas" ornament series five years ago. Carl's and my first Christmas was the second year of the series, and I just HAD to get the ornament for him.
He loved it!
(Even after I wrapped it in at least seven layers of papered boxes. Which I did just to "grinch" him; he was proud of his impatience with waiting to open presents.)
We keep it out year-round, as I've mentioned before.
Our next year, we got lucky. Hallmark re-issued "Day 1" and "Day 2" as a two ornament set for those late to the carol. So I purchased the set and "Day 3." We're caught up and I have a separate ornament just for Christmas.
I enjoy giving my family at least one ornament every year, and they enjoy getting them. For Carl, it's the "12 Days of Christmas." For MLB, it's the "Season's Treatings." For DLG, it's "Making Memories." I've been collecting, for myself, the "Commemorative Glass Ball" and the "North Pole Helpers." I use great restraint to keep my additional purchases to less than ten more ornaments.
But this post is about two sweet little birds with sheet-music wings.

No comments:
Post a Comment