Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pin It


I accumulate Christmas pins.  And earrings.  I would say collect, but I don't hunt them down on the internet or shop in stores.  I mostly find them in the thrift stores.  I've fallen in love with their charms.

My first pin was a gift from my mom when I was in 4th grade.  A Hallmark pin of the happy little snowman holding a wreath and his little redbird friend.  I was impressed that my mom trusted me a piece of jewelry I was allowed to wear to school.  (My mom is a worry-wort.)  In high school, I got a few more as gifts-- teddy bears, enamel bells, and some Christmas earrings.  In college, my own Babchu bequeathed me her vintage Christmas tree pins, many she bought second-hand, too.

I finally realized that I needed a storage system.  The red box worked for many years holding everything; it swings open with four trays (that once held treats.)  Those boxes from the Santa Shoppe?  They have allowed me to easily see all of my earrings and tree pins.



My kids have taught me that life is too fun to wear boring socks.  I have a tin of Christmas socks.  Next year I plan to tote the purse my mom passed on to me.



Y'all, when I "deck," I "deck."
(Well, not all-out.  I'm rather picky with my sweaters......)


No comments:

Post a Comment