Friday, December 18, 2015
Last Day of School
It's the last day of school before the "Holiday" Break. Normally, I would pick the kids up after school during "my" week, but today they went to "After-school Labs" to join in their Christmas parties.
I wouldn't have thought of it, but two weeks ago, MLB & I hung out at DLG's school before ballet class. (Someone had a load of homework to finish before his sister's Christmas Dance.) While I was there, the Lab teachers asked if DLG would be at the party.
Hmmm, sure. Why not?
So DLG got to have a party in Sunday School, two birthday parties, a ballet party, an Accelerated Reader party, a classroom party, a Grinch party AND this one.
Poor MLB is in Middle School now. I think they had a party in Sunday School, but getting a turn at selecting a gift required a correct answer in a study game. (So Mr. Professor comes up the first right answer and selects a penguin Pez dispenser. Figures.)
It wasn't until this week that it even occurred to me that a party at MLB's After-school Lab would happen. In for a daughter, in for a son.
You would not BELIEVE how quickly MLB woke up this morning, ate breakfast and got ready for school. All with a smile on his face.
His school serves good snacks.
So the boy came home with a few treats left and a tummy full of pizza (and ready for more.)
The girl still had cupcake frosting on her face, and brought back gifts-- a game and a smaller caramel-colored bear that looks like it could be Mr. Bear's little sister. And so Miss Bear is.
Days like this are what I do miss about being a kid in school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment