Thursday, December 24, 2015
All Is Calm. But Not Quite So Bright.
This year the kids are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with their dad.
It's only fair.
Our first year separated, I stayed overnight on the sofa. Scott sang at the night Mass, and I was there for the kids, and shared their joy in the morning. The next year, Scott sang as usual, but the kids stayed with me at my house; oh, the joy Carl had in being a part of a kid Christmas!! Later, Scott came to get them for Christmas at his house. And last year, we did the same, but sadly Carl was flirting with pneumonia, and so HEMSI's "sleigh" carted him off to the ER for breathing treatments. The kids and I had a muted, but loving, Christmas morning before Scott came to get them earlier than planned.
But, this year, Scott wanted Santa to visit his house, and it's only fair.
It's quiet without the kids. I have time to catch up on laundry, on blogging.
Carl and I have spent the day eating nothing but snack foods. Can't do that around your kids.
I called, and they were happily decorating the tree, playing with their toys from Ft. Payne and planning a visit with some neighbors.
What's best for the kids, for others, that's only fair.
The kid in the manger tells us it's so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment