Friday, November 23, 2012

Sing Hallelujah!


In one week Scott is going to have the time of his life.

The Huntsville Community Chorus Association, in conjunction with the Huntsville Youth Orchestra, will be presenting, as the meat of their Christmas concert, Handel's Messiah: Part 1 with the "Hallelujah Chorus." This is the piece of music that says "classical" to him. In his own words:

"When I was a child I looked through my parents' record collection and found a bright red box that stood out from the other albums. In huge letters at the top: "MESSIAH". It was one of my earliest classical music experiences and I've never tired of it since. This Friday night I'll be amongst the HCCA as we and the Huntsville Youth Orchestra perform the Christmas version. I hope to see you there!"

In the years past, he's enjoyed participating in the annual Messiah Sing-a-long hosted by Weatherly Baptist Church. He has his own libretto. To rehearse and prepare, he listens to his CD in the car. This year, he's preparing to be a part of something bigger than even that.

I cannot wait to hear the concert.

Here's some links for the curious: a Facebook Event Page, and the HCCA's own page.

I hope to see you there, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment