Thursday, November 3, 2011

Things Could Look Worse


Well, the few Halloween decoration I put up this year are now down & back into their boxes. I'll give myself about two weeks to get things really picked up before I let my husband haul out the tree & start stringing the lights.

No, I'm not a Christmas fanatic, but I like a lot of lights on my tree. We went pretty minimal with the tree last year; we weren't sure what an unfettered two-year-old would do to it, but she did pretty well. (She didn't actually pull the tree down on herself until after Epiphany when I had all of the decorations off so Scott could de-light it. I'm not sure if she wanted a closer look at the lights, or if she thought she could use the tree to boost her out of the playpen. Oh well, all survived.)

My house is SO piled up.
  • There have been TWO laundry mountains-- adult & kid. It piles up quicker now that cold weather is here and I'm feeding my ancient machines smaller loads.
  • I've also got summer 3T clothes pulled & awaiting distribution.
  • Then there's the various piles of things for the Rummage Sale in February that need logging on my spreadsheet & stored; easier done if I don't have two little helpers saying, "Hey, that's mine!"
  • Still haven't hit a lick at my scrapbooking.
  • I've yet to finish all my mending & household repairs.
  • My brother's moving back home, so a pile of stuff I'd stored in a bedroom at my parent's house came back here.
  • Super-couponing has let me collect stuff for the monthly food pantry drive; but the church swaps up pantries each month, so the stuff leaves my house only every four weeks.
  • And did I mention that we deemed our son so utterly irresponsible with his toys, that we removed them from his room & stored them in our old Protege? The boy doesn't seem to miss them--- AND my folks have ask me to lend my brother that car.

Uh-huh. Why on earth did I think I could squeeze out a blog post every day?!?

Oh yeah, my blog, my rant. (I feel better.)


No comments:

Post a Comment