Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sigh....

Through a series of unfortunate non-events, DLG gleefully escaped from her "caged" zone unnoticed. She proudly climbed up on a kitchen chair, unnoticed. And discovered my 1/2 full cold cup of mocha, unnoticed, except by God.

Mommie was busy reading other blogs. So God had APT do the "EMA test" thing, which then puzzled Mommie as to why DLG thought that horrid burring was hilarious. Investigating, Mommie arrived in time to hear & see previously mentioned mocha dumped out in the kitchen, for a happy puddle. A happy, sticky, dark staining puddle.

Two new shirts (one for each) and a new diaper (to replace DLG's poopy one) after a quick splash in the tub, DLG was securely reinstated to her "cage." And Mommie was mopping the floor.

I wondered at the broad splatter-pattern my lamented mocha made from the table top to the floor. And then I thought that there are many, many people through the ages who have studied this phenomenon and have written many a dissertation upon the whys & hows & whens, because dispersal patterns are important to many things like crop dusting, bombing raids, abstract painting, coral reproduction, cheese puff manufacturing and of course, that slice of buttered bread.

It's times like that when I really, REALLY wish I'd gone to Swanee instead........

No comments:

Post a Comment