Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Favorites: Short & Very Sweet

Amazingly, Hillary over at The Other Mama and I are channeling the same sort of theme for Friday Favorites.

Mine? CHOCOLATE!!!!

(Should insert picture of chocolate here, but I've eaten it all. Must find more.)

Admittedly, I'm all PMS-y right now, so this is a major nutritional requirement. But I can always be in the mood for chocolate. When I'm on my last nerve. When the boy brings home a great report from school. When I'm tired. When I'm busy. When I breathe. (Maybe that's why I haven't been knitting or scrap-booking as much-- those are so chocolate-unfriendly activities. Unlike time at the computer.)

I like all chocolate. Godiva is as wonderful as Hershey's. Sometimes I'm in the mood for caramel (Milk Way now has a delightful all-caramel filled one as well as their "dark chocolate" one!), sometimes crunchy, sometimes PB. Handfuls of semisweet chips are cheap in a pinch. Someday soon I plan to try ChocoVine, a chocolate flavored wine recommended by the ladies over at Southern Fried Snark. I've heard it's very good. I even gave it to my son's two teachers as an end-of-year gift, along with some gourmet chocolate-filled cookies. They deserve it!

Yep, and today is the last day of kindergarten for MLB. Quite bitter-sweet.

Sounds like a good reason for chocolate to me!

3 comments:

  1. Bring it on...and eat some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please. Chocolate, chocolate and MORE chocolate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve me some chocolate too!! Especially fondue when I can dip stuff in it.

    And I have to hold you responsible for what happens to me when I find and try ChocoVine. I had not heard of it. I'm on the lookout now though.

    ReplyDelete