Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thinking for an i-Pad

Tomorrow is, once again, Friday Favorites over at The Other Mama. But I thought I'd make time to stick in a "regular" kind of post, just because I can & ought to.

Now, I don't know if this will be against the rules. I know that most people will think I'm nuts for helping the "competition." BUT, I'm going to keep track of things on my blog anyway. One less scrap of paper to lose on the computer desk.

Sarah & Ronda over at Southern Fried Snark are giving away an i-Pad. Really. Truly. I've seen it on their web show. It's up for a qualified grab. Show producer "Gellman," (known in real-life as Steve) got one for himself & one to give away. The Snarketts (as Amy calls them) have set up very simple rules. They have have agreed on a "Mystery Item" and viewers get to ask 20 questions during the shows in April in order to guess what the item is. Only 3 questions per show. At the end of the month, everyone submits their answers, and all correct answers go into a hat for a drawing for the i-Pad.

I don't think they will be posting the questions & answers on the web site (that'd be too easy & defeat the purpose of watching!); but they will be posting the episodes, so if you missed a week, you can catch up. The last episode posted is from April 1, Episode 22; the game actually began with April 8, Episode 23. (Due to circumstances beyond their control, they did not broadcast on April 6 nor April 13.) {I will attach a link to Ep23 when it is available.}

They may or may not broadcast tonight at their usual 9 p.m. Busy week for both of these fabulous ladies. But, to get myself ready, here are the first three questions :

1) Is it animal, vegetable, or mineral?
(Traditional 1st question & the only non-yes/no question.)
Both Sarah & Ronda agreed that it is part vegetable
and part mineral, but Ronda thinks mostly vegetable.

2) Is it bigger than a bread box?
(Going for another traditional opening question.)
No. They sounded a definitive, "no."

3) Is it blue? (This question was from in-studio guest Joe Martin
No.

And that's it so far. They're accepting suggested questions via Southern Fried Snark, Twitter, FaceBook, etc. I guess if you see them at Target, you can submit one there. But please hang up the cell phone & be polite!

No comments:

Post a Comment