Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Favorites: New Hair (sort of)

It's Friday Favorites again & I'll get right to the root of it.

I got my hair done right before Easter!!!!

It might not seem like such a big deal, but my budget (time-wise & money-wise) doesn't have much fat in it. The last time I did get my hair cut was either May (according to Quicken) or August (according to a Swiss-cheese memory & the possibility of a gift certificate.) And I know the last time I got my hair dyed was 5 years ago when I weaned my son. I've been getting away with such neglect because I have long, curly (aka mind-of-its-own) hair. And I don't really have to have a "public face." But at a certain point, you have to scream, "Enough! We've got a return on our taxes & I'm going to use it!"

So here's a before that shows my gray & stringiness:


And the one I tried to take of myself at the salon (snort!):

See? I needed this.

I adore my stylist Hillary (no relation to our dear FF hostess) and my shampooist Stacy over at Beleza. Yes, I could go to a bargain salon, but for my little bit of me-time, I want to be pampered with a short scalp massage, neat-o smells, a mini hand massage, and a shampooing that would make you want to reincarnate as Stacy's housecat. Prrrrrr..... Hillary had even been to a seminar the day before & learned a new way to layer long hair, so I got to be the first to try it out. Sweet!

So I had a lovely time. I've got lovely hair again.

Ta-da! (OK, so self-portraiture is a joke.)

Easter, with make-up & a great cast of characters:
I really wanted to post about this on April 2 (you know, Good Friday), but I didn't have a really good "after" picture, and Holy Week is always-- no matter how uninvolved we are-- a big deal with the run-up to Easter. Here's to hoping I can get another year out of this.

But don't you wait! Go back over to The Other Mama for more fun Friday Favorites!


3 comments:

  1. Love the new do! It really makes you look younger. It's important to pamper yourself once in a while, and to keep up your look even if you don't need a "public face." Everyday is a struggle for me to do my hair and put on makeup if I'm not going anywhere, but it always makes me feel better about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair, I am so envious of curly hair, I can't make mine look good so I just straighten it. And yes we should make a point to feel good about ourselves even if it's buying a box of color and doing it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you could enjoy being a girl!

    Thank you for your recent comments on my Illiterate at 16 series. They do help me as a formulate my own opinions on this subject.

    ReplyDelete