Thursday, January 8, 2015

Oasis


Quite of bit of 2014 was hard to get through, especially the second half of the year. The "on-the-brighter-side" of my think says it wasn't so bad, that other had it worse.

Yeah. Last year was bad. Not catastrophic, but it was pretty bad. I have boxed up a whole bunch of emotional baggage from last year. I'll sort through it some time this year, but this post is not it.

The second half of the year did have it's bright spot:  Carl and I got married, at last, on the morning of Monday, November 17. We had a very simple wedding, and were married by the courthouse clerk in front of a mural at the courthouse. It was a trial day, so all of the judges and courtrooms were occupied. I think what we had was just fine. The clerk obviously loves her job of registering wedding and getting to sometimes officiate-- she teared up and was smiling as much as we were.

When the world gets crazy, Carl is my oasis, my life-preserver, my anchor, my joy.

I love you, Carlos Rodolfo Bofill! I am glad to be your wife!



No comments:

Post a Comment