*** I Got Skills *** In Good Faith ***
*** Call Me Ishmael ***
*** Bone of Contention *** Audience of One ***
These are the writing prompts for the past few days.
I've just not felt like writing. I wanted to force myself to do it, but come on! this is not NaBloPoMo, so I really don't NEED to post EVERYDAY.
Sometimes these prompts just don't thrill me. They "hook" with these titles, but their writing suggestions are mild. When I've used them, I've let myself be inspired by the title; when I look at their page with linked blogs, I think, "Wow, nowhere close to what I wrote." So, there you go.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I Got Skills" tempted me, but.... I.... just.....
It prompted describing any skill I'd like to master.
I have skills, and sometimes I work on improvement. I'm more proficient in some, more instinctual in others. I'm currently pleased with my competencies. I can't think of any that I dream to totally master.
On top of that, the phrase is "I Got Skillz," which connotes a skill or ability you have that has surprised/impressed someone when you use it, often unexpectedly used but apropos. I do that already, starting back when as "the roommate who cooks."
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"In Good Faith" asks writers to consider a significant day in their faith-eveloution. Check. That shows up around here. Just not in this post.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"Call Me Ishmael" suggests starting the post with the first sentence of a favorite book. Right.... interesting, but I'll pass.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"Bone of Contention" is more a debate training tool: to write about the opposing viewpoint of an issue you have a strong stand upon. It comes with a follow-up psycho-self-anaylsis-- how did that make you feel. Good exercise. Right now, I don't think that is a brain part that needs work.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"Audience of One." Ooo, that's an interesting title! So, prompting minds want to know, who is the ONE person-- more than any other-- do I want to read my blog? Would I write that person a letter, an open invitation?
I want YOU to read it. YOU, yes you. Right now. Friend or wanderer, I want you here. I've learned that I'll never fully know who I'll make an impression on. More surprisingly, I'll never guess what it is I do or say that connects. So, I just do what do and say what I say. I strive for integrity-- balancing candor with consideration, formal with colloquial, inspired with insipid. I'm just glad you stopped by.
My blog title says it all, "Me, myself, am I."
My blog posts just flesh it all out a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment