Sunday, January 4, 2015

First!


Ah, up in the morning and time for my "twah-lette." But first! I should go ahead and make the coffee so it brews while I'm "busy."

Ah, time for a cup of coffee. But first! I should go ahead and clear the dishes from the dish drainer, because my husband's mug in somewhere in there... and go ahead and empty the dishwasher, too.

Mmm, breakfast. But first! The kids want waffles today, and Carl would like a breakfast sandwich. While I'm in the fridge, I should get out the lunch stuff and make those, too.

What to wear, what to wear? But first! Mooooommmmm! I caaaaannnnnn't..... uh, better get those kids sorted out for school.

Kids are at school. The morning is mine. But first! I need to go to the store. Well, both stores.

Wow! Sale on clothes! My wardrobe could use some additions. But first! The kids are growing like weeds and they need new things in bigger sizes for this weather.

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jog. Man, I'd like to take a nap, 'cause 5:15 a.m. was awfully early. But first! I need to unload the car and put everything away. Which, of course, entails all sorts of other straightening and rearranging.

While I'm straightening and rearranging, I think I'll finally try to clear off my alledged-crafting table. But first! I see the laundry basket is full. Is anyone running out of crucial clothes?

Clothes washing, now to tidy. But first! The dog wants a walk. I also really need to finally eat. And wash and put away dishes. And do some dinner prep. And some clothes are ready to be put away. And, oh look! it's time to go get the kids.

Home, again. Again. Maybe now would be a good time to surf the interwebs. But first! The boy child needs me to ride herd on him and his homework. Daughter just needs some attention of her own.

Homework is done. (Finally!) Maybe while they're busy, I can start on my blog. But first! I should start dinner, since it can cook while I'm blogging.

Dinner is cooking. Computer time??? But first! Ugh, I should clean all the prep dishes so there's less to do after dinner (and clear out that dish drainer again.) Oh, I've topped off the garbage can-- out with you! Really, more clothes to fold? Kids! I need you! One of you needs to set the table for dinner, the other take the dog out. I don't care who does what, just do it! And wash your hands before you set the table. ("Hi, sweetheart! Welcome home. kiss-kiss. Dinner will be on the table soon.") Good, did you wash your hands, too? Then do it. And you, go tell everyone dinner is ready.

Good dinner. Time to relax and enjoy a dessert. But first! Kids can't make up their minds what they want. You want ice cream? You all want ice cream? Ok, bowls or cones? Yes, you can have yours in a mug-- with chocolate syrup. Kids, when you're done with dessert, go to the bathrooms. It'll be time to start getting ready for bed. I'll just finish up in the kitchen while you eat.

I still have dishes and clothes to finish. But first! Getting. Kids. Ready. For. Bed. (sigh) Bill Cosby spoke truly: "Turn on the water! Use soap!"

Still. Dishes. Clothes. And now I think I need a bath. But first! "Mommy, can I have a story?" "Mommy, can I have a cuddle?"

Sweet sleeping littles. And clean kitchen. And clothes at a "stopping point" for the day. Time for a LOOOOONG, HOT shower. Ahhhhh... But first! Eww... when did this shower get so grimy? Well, while I'm in here, I might as well bring in the cleaner and a sponge. I'm wet anyway, and would need a shower after cleaning.

Clean. It feels good to be clean. And in pjs. Ready to sit in bed and goof off. But first! What's the matter sweetheart? Your heels again? Here, let me smooth them.

Time to sleep. 5:30 a.m. still comes awfully early. But first! What, sweetheart? You want to "hmm-hmm"? Sounds good to me.

But first? Sure, I'd love to relax in your arms and let you love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment