Daring-do: daring spirit or deed; boldness or bold action; heroic feats.
I'm not sure any of that applies to me.
When I think "daring." I picture...
Sensational people like Evel Knievel or any Wallenda;
Courageous individuals like Harriet Tubman or Mahatma Ghandi;
Unbridled talent like Madonna or David Bowie;
Heroic folk like troops or emergency responders.
Brave employees like electrical line men and girder workers;
Unique vocations like astronaut and deep-sea diver;
And maybe a few outright crazy souls that do dare to act.
I don't think I'm like any of those.
Others tell me I have "daring-do" because I...
Read at Mass;
Raise a son with ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome and a mild cleft;
Perform in community theater;
Don't lose my cool in a crisis, even if 911 is called;
Cook, with or without a recipe;
Make crafts, needle arts, scrapbooks;
Let my kids sometimes push their limits and mine.
Is it "daring-do" if I...
do what I want to do,
do what I have to do,
do what is right?
Maybe it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment