Everybody is creative. I truly believe that when the Bible says that we were created in God's image, that our imagination/creativity was one of His biggest gifts to us. Even people who say they aren't creative, are creative. They might not be eloquent in speech or pen, they might not produce attention-getting graphic arts, but everyone can create. I like to encourage others in this; I don't give false praise.
I have fallen off my "art" wagon, so to speak. I've gone months without blogging. Haven't knit or crocheted anything for a year. My son's scrapbook is stuck at two years old, and my daughter, at two years old, doesn't even have page one. My schedule/family needs don't allow for much time for acting.
I haven't even been cooking the way I used to cook. My kids get randomly picky and my husband has sworn off sweets and heavy carbs. I get very creative, sometimes, with leftovers, but then again, re-runs barely get much notice the third time around.
I miss being creative. I miss making something out of nothing and being pleased with my work, and having others compliment and enjoy my work, too. I really miss amazing myself. I'll look back at something I've written or made or scrap-booked, and think, "Wow. I did this?" Really, I forget how good it is.
I've now blogged everyday for over a week. I don't think I can keep up the pace, but I thought this would be a good start, especially since all of these posts are a series. For the first 3 weeks I've had my chore chart up, this line was a big ol' line of Xs. I made myself do this, and I'm feeling good about blogging again. Next is to get over my fear of the book drive so I can start sorting, culling & labeling all the photos we've taken. Then I'll get back to scrap-booking. Maybe. I've got a slight problem there...... I got the great room rearranged & set up to facilitate scrap-booking, and then started using my table to store boxes of food for the various food pantry drives that happen every month.... AND my alternate storage areas contain all the things I'm slowly culling from the house for the church rummage sale in February.
Gonna' have to get creative with my space again. Hmm.... I think I have an idea......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment