Saturday, January 7, 2017
Gifted
Being as today is January 7th, Christmas is (almost officially) over.
For me, it's not over-over until after tomorrow; in a rare occurrence, the USCCB Sunday-shift of the Feast of the Epiphany is occurring AFTER the date of the feast. Woo! Party on Casper! Party on Melchior! Party on Balthazar!
While the Three Kings didn't visit me (forgot to stock up on camel hay,) I'd like to share three of my favorite gifts from Christmas Day.
THIS WATCH! My mom gave this to me. She's been having a grand ol' time ordering fine and costume jewelry from the Internet; I received quite a few whimsical Betsy Johnson pendants for Christmas, but this bargain-find watch is my favorite. I've been looking all season for a bright Christmas watch. And now, YES! I have worn it almost every day since Christmas. (Yes, did go "Squeeeee!!" when I opened the box.)
THIS CHARM! My friend Tara knows I LOOOOVE The Velveteen Rabbit. This is only the latest in her "real little bunny" gifts to me. Oh, yes, much more squeeing! And the box looks like a book, too! So these are officially the smallest books in my collection.
THIS FAMILY! I spent a very blessed day with Carl and the kids. We were also visited by his mom, Hazel, and his niece Zoe. Later, we were joined by my own mom, Pat, and my brother, Bill, as well as the kids' dad, Scott. Yes, Christmas is about family, however God brings us together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment