Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Sale, Ahoy!
The kids were back in school so I FINALLY hit some after-Christmas sales. Ten days beyond, they're more like after-after-Christmas sales.
I'd been itching all week to get shopping, but my wild-things can be quite the gimme-gimmies in a store, if they're not bugging each other to death.
I like shopping by myself. I can look over things, pick them up and carry them around, think about them, and then put them back.
Shopping after the initial rush is good. By this time, prices are as low as they will get before things are packed up for the secondary market. I don't NEED anything, so I prefer having my non-necessities cost at a serious discount. There's fewer leftovers to chose from, so even less for me spend. This is all a good thing, even though I've been antsy for a week.
I still found bunches of useful stuff!
Hallmark: 60% off-- "Anna" ornament and "Olaf in Summer" ornament for DLG, "A Little Jingle" ornament for me, "Northpole" Itty-Bittys for MLB (Jaz the Penguin & Snowby the Bear,) another ornament for me to be either a Mother's Day gift or 2016 Christmas gift, the "Caring Place" glass butterfly ornament to be a Mother's Day gift to my mom, a Mexican-style cross ornament to hang in MLB's room, and a little something for Carl's birthday.
Hobby Lobby: 90% off-- small Frozen-style ornaments to use as favors for one of DLG's birthdays, some bandanas also for favors, a throw pillow, several tree skirts for mini & table top trees (tree skirts make good doll skirts,) Christmas-ish jewelry findings that could be used any time, Christmas mini ornaments that can be used as jewelry, interest-specific ornaments to use as show cast gifts, hats for the kids and a sparkly infinity scarf for me.
Michael's: 75%-90% off-- enameled frame ornaments shaped like yarn balls (for gift use if I ever get back with my knitting group,) some sidewalk chalk for MLB's birthday, another little goody for Carl's birthday, Christmas earrings, some little things for friend's birthday and a cute little springy ornament.
Wal-Mart: 75% off-- chocolate goodies, cake icing, ornaments for the kids next Christmas, a few trinkets for them for Christmas, a pair of clip-on poinsettia flowers to wear in the play, little storage boxes for the ornaments they make and the loose ones I buy.
Target: 90%-- little plastic toy ornaments for DLG's birthday favors, ribbon on charming wooden spools, a few little ornaments that would appeal to MLB or Carl.
Yeah. I went N.U.T.Z. Good thing everything was picked over. I shudder to imaging how much more I could have bought at a mere 50% off.
Yeah. Good thing. I might be an incurable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment