Monday, January 4, 2016

Last Day of Christmas Vacation


I'm lucky.  My kids adore school, and cannot wait to go back to school tomorrow.  Maybe we didn't do "stuff" over the break, but the excitement of Christmas kept them occupied.  We didn't go to the Galaxy of Lights, didn't take in the Tinsel Trail, didn't tour neighborhood decorations.  But we did enjoy each other's company.  We did relax and laugh.

DLG and I spent today finally getting some decorations up on her walls. I've had these glittery flowers I'd bought at after-Easter clearance a couple of years ago.  Now her walls sparkle and bloom. Her horse poster is up on the wall (it's a Disney Palace Pet, but still....)  My unicorn cross-stitch is hung by her door.  Her "rainbow" projector (a Christmas gift) shines; her brother's "old" reading lamp and alarm clock are by her bed.  Oh, and we cleaned up her room.  (Talk about disarray.)

Got her brother to tidy up a bit.  We set up his new CD/radio/alarm clock (set in military time.)  Set up his new reading light.  (Both gifts.)  He got a couple of small wildlife posters-- put those up, too.

And I swept the den and kitchen.  A month of Christmas cookies makes quite a sprinkle of crumbs.

Backpacks are reloaded.  Computer is charged.  Gym clothes are clean. Lunchbags ready to be filled in the morning.

Only problem?

No one wants to wake at 0500 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment