Hello, Bloggersville!!!
Yesterday was Sunday, November 22, 2015, and the last Sunday in Liturgical Cycle B 2015. Designated "The Feast of Christ the King," we wrap up the Church year. For most Americans, who rarely attend daily Mass, the next time they come to church, it'll be a new year (Cycle C, 2016) and the First Sunday of Advent. The "countdown" to Christmas will begin.
I'll have to admit, I'm becoming one of those people who "really like" Christmas.
I got excited way back in April when I got my Hallmark Dreambook for this year's ornaments.
I don't know when I started becoming one of those people. Don't know how far it will go. I'm certain that Carlos will put a stop to me when I reach his limits. (We still de-decorate sometime between Epiphany and Ash Wednesday.) But as I go there, I know I'll have plenty of good company. (His mom feels the same way about Christmas.)
Maybe I've always been this way. Maybe, as a middle-aged mom, I'm comfortable being me. Or maybe I'm appreciating the wonder & joy of the season like I did when I was a kid.
Whenever, whatever, wherever, whyever and how,
I LIKE IT!
(Oooo, DLG just brought in the mail. More stuff from Hallmark! "Festive Snowflake Candy Dish"-- gotta' get it! And the December Event circular with my bonuses!!! "A Little Jingle" ornament! Must get this one, too!!)
(I'm hopeless.)
No comments:
Post a Comment