Friday, November 27, 2015

Keep Christmas in My Heart


My first true step to a little bit of Christmas year-round was the year I sent out this Hallmark card.  In addition to "The Velveteen Rabbit," I have a fondness for Teddy Bears.


There, tucked amid Victorian-style touches, the fuzzy sits and waits for its special child.  I liked this card so much that I framed and hung it up. What? I thought to myself, Only I will know that it's really a Christmas card.  At first glance it's a Teddy Bear and presents--- could be a birthday.

A couple of years later, I chose another Victorian-theme as my Christmas card.  I had to admit to myself, that I do try to live this very sentiment.




I do try honor Christmas in my heart.

I do try to keep it all the year.

I try to think of others.  I try to act with kindness.  I try to give without counting.  I try to like myself.  I try to love.  I try to discover joy.

I don't consistently succeed.

I get self-centered.  I speak thoughtlessly.  I hold unrealistic expectations. I turn despondent.  I become angry.  I hide from all, from myself.

But I try again.

Even Ebenezer got a fresh chance.  Every morning we get a fresh chance.




I try for Peace.  I try for Joy.  I try for Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment