Gotcha'
1. I am 42 years old. I still feel mentally and emotionally like I'm in my 20s, while my obvious style & hip-factor are lurking in the 50s or 60s. My 30s are a blur, but a lot happened then, interspersed with periods of "coasting." I might actually put up a fight at 45.
2. I'm married to a wonderful man, Scott. We've been married for 10 1/2 years (dated 1 1/2 before that.) We came together over common interests, and have stayed together through new common goals, and despite our continuous "growing up."
3. I have 2 children, who, henceforth, are "MLB" (Mommy's Little Boy) at age 5; and "DLG" (Daddy's Little Girl) at all of 1 year old. You'll hear more about them later.
4. We own a home in Huntsville, Alabama. (If you do the math, marriage, kids & home happened in my 30s; as I said, a lot happened, not counting hobby achievements, various employments & world events.)
5. I'm Roman Catholic. This might or might not be important to you, dear reader.
6. Yes, I go to church, and participate in parish life. (Big Rummage Sale at Good Shepherd on Feb. 20, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., with proceeds going to help our mission outreach, youth programs, and a few other causes.)
7. I like chocolate, and chocolate likes me. If I could accept my weight, or get off my weight to do something about it, I might actually work on improving my style & hip-factor.
8. I like community theater. I have done some acting, some backstage work and some ushering, and I like it all. I LOVE the complex "dance" that is the bringing together of different artistic disciplines to create a whole-cloth world where, for a few shining moments, one is suspended elsewhere. My husband & I met and courted through community theater, and we have found dear friends & lively acquaintances there, as well. And when my children are older & less likely to drive Scott nuts, I'll again participate more.
9. I know how to knit & crochet. But the house is small, the kids are bouncy and the gear is either metal & pointy or quite stringy.
10. I spend WAY too much time playing FarmVille (and sometimes FarmTown.)
11. I should scrapbook more, computer-tater less.
12. For that matter, I should pull real weeds & plant real seeds, not virtual ones.
13. I'm an Auburn fan. And a 3rd generation alum. So I can.
14. I like baseball. Go Stars!!! Go Braves!!
15. I believe in my civic duties & involvement. I have a library card, I vote, I sit jury duty, and I recycle.
16. I guess I would also label myself a "compassionate conservative." Although I vote for one camp more than the other, I recognize that there are self-serving idiots almost everywhere. I kinda' wish we could eliminate political parties altogether, and let the best person win. They do that with city elections here, and so far, we've gotten some good talent and the voters actually have to think before voting. I wonder if it could happen on a large scale. I can dream, can't I?
17. My favorite color is blue.
18. I'm a Leo, as if anyone cares about that anymore.
19. DLG is reminding me that I love reading, so I guess I should have listed this earlier. But I just believe that everyone does, or should, read for pleasure and learning. (Pause here while I read a book to her.)
20. I am not going list "100 Things," so I'll conclude with this minutia:
I like my popcorn, meat & cheese lightly scorched,
I dip my french fries in mayo,
and I like chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment