Mary A. Ramsey-- someone whom I see more on Facebook than in real life, but someone I do admire for her energy and vision-- put up a fun repost the other day.
Quote: "I will make something for the first ten people who comment on this post with something along the lines of "Yes, I want in." A 'like' alone is not enough. It will be delivered unto you by the end of the year.
You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first ten people who comment they want in on your status.
The rules are simple: it has to be made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
It sounds fun, so I put in my "I'm in," comment. I'm surprised; I'm the only "I'm in," comment. Maybe the other interested folks have private messaged her. She is C R E A T I V E. She acts. She sings. She directs. She up-cycles. She makes STUFF. She crafts business plans. She is the Interim Director at JA (you know, teaching young people to bring a business plan together from product conception to getting you to buy it?) She also cooks. And that is just what I know about her.
So, as I said, I'm surprised that no one else has chimed in. I'm excited!
Ah, but to get, I must, in turn, give.
Maybe THAT is the deterrent.
Not here.
Y'all, if you haven't noticed, I'm pretty crafty, too.
Thus, the purpose of this post connected to my FB repost: the rules don't specify if the giver or the receiver has the greater say in the crafted gift. Maybe it's all on my part; I can chose how to spend my time and energy; I can have a single-day craft-tan-aganza; I can tailor my gifts to what I know about the respondents; obviously, delivery methods will count towards limitations.
Then again, I think those who will respond to my repost should have a good idea of what I can do: crochet & knit (short projects,) needlework (cross-stitch preferable, needlepoint under duress,) scrapbookking (is too a word,) up-cycling (like candles,) simple beading, simpler sewing, glue ANYTHING. Oh, and cooking. There's probably a few other things I can do (oh, I can write, duh,) but I don't see them spread out on my craft table to be done or put away.
A few photos, if you're curious....
So, as I said, I'm surprised that no one else has chimed in. I'm excited!
Ah, but to get, I must, in turn, give.
Maybe THAT is the deterrent.
Not here.
Y'all, if you haven't noticed, I'm pretty crafty, too.
Thus, the purpose of this post connected to my FB repost: the rules don't specify if the giver or the receiver has the greater say in the crafted gift. Maybe it's all on my part; I can chose how to spend my time and energy; I can have a single-day craft-tan-aganza; I can tailor my gifts to what I know about the respondents; obviously, delivery methods will count towards limitations.
Then again, I think those who will respond to my repost should have a good idea of what I can do: crochet & knit (short projects,) needlework (cross-stitch preferable, needlepoint under duress,) scrapbookking (is too a word,) up-cycling (like candles,) simple beading, simpler sewing, glue ANYTHING. Oh, and cooking. There's probably a few other things I can do (oh, I can write, duh,) but I don't see them spread out on my craft table to be done or put away.
A few photos, if you're curious....





Not much, but there you go.



No comments:
Post a Comment