Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Little Time Has Passed, Hasn't It?



Not sure if I've got a bunch to say, or very little.  It's been, what, three-four weeks since I last posted?  It's been sometimes busy- but mostly just FULL- weeks, because it is the "holidays."
L-R: Carl-kid, Carl, Mine, MLB, DLG, Hazel, Zoe, Mine-kid


You know, trying to cram everything in at once.



Carl & I took the kids to see their first movie, Disney's "Frozen."  It's a WONDERFUL film, and the kids were enchanted.  Even Mr.-I-Don't-Want-to-Go-and-I'll-Hide-Down-in-My-Chair was sitting up and cheering by the end.  I think he wants to be Sven.



I finished the gift shopping.



I got a quick visit in with MLB's Godfamily now that they are stateside for the holidays; Sandra & Kevin's new daughter Ellie is a charmer & Eileen is a good big sister.

I got Christmas cards addressed, written & mailed; they went out a day or two after Christmas, but they included a picture of the kids.
I love getting cards!
Not bad for this year.


The kids stayed over a bunch these past weeks; it's been fun, whining & all.


Somebody hogs up the bed.
Somebody hogs up the Carl.



We celebrated Christmas morning here!  The kids' excitement over the visit from Santa was joyous!  Carl was just awash in the wonder of kids & magic of Christmas morning!  Every gift they opened from Santa or me or Carl was just what they wanted.  They played & played & feasted on candy from their stockings.  (Of course.)


He's awash, trust me.


Then kids were off to a celebration at their dad's house, celebrations at my mom's house (Paw-paw's day-after-Xmas birthday & present-o-rama,) and then Christmas at their other grandmother's house.

I've hit a few after Christmas sales, of course.  Candy, cookies & Hallmark stuff at half-off?  Duh!

Now we're just chillin'.  Not quite ready for the vacation and for this year to end, but looking forward to a new year and a return to routine.  If I resolve to do anything in the new year, it's to craft more (scrapbooks included,) write more (blog included,) read more (finishing "Mockingjay" included,) and be a better role model for the kids (quite a few habit changes included.)

Carl says I also need to watch several movies & series I missed over the decades.  He's starting me on "Trading Place" as soon as I post.

It's cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment