Friday, October 7, 2011
Getting Back in the Swing of Things
Haven't blogged in a while because I really haven't found much I want to say.
Yet.
Several folks I follow have been drooling over their Pinterest boards. It looks interesting. Maybe even useful. Rather more useful than traditional bookmarks. Less gimme-gimme than the Kaboodle sidebar. Definitely trendy right now. I'm on a "waiting list." I wonder how they'll decide if I'm worthy for my own board. If they base it on how much I post on various social media, I guess I'd just better hie over to Hobby Lobby & get a sheet of cork-board. Or strips, like they use in classrooms. Which I might still do; I'm waffling between cork hang-strips or tacked cording for hanging up MLB's many pennants in his room.
See, that is something I could use my board for: side-by-side comparisons. A local woman makes Cake Bites, which I'd love to try. There are some purses I've discovered that are on my "radar," so to speak. I see stuff here & there-- recipes, inspirational words, funny pictures, that I'd like to be able to find again & again without having to dig though my bookmarks or try to remember what its file name is.
I could use an on-line bulletin board. I got my first cork-board in elementary school (right after my parents learned I'd discovered what Scotch tape was for) & just wore it out. I had so much fun decorating my locker in high school. In college, I'd corked an entire side of a bookshelf for just that stuff. I was lately using my refrigerator for that stuff................ until I had kids (ceramic magnets & unique papers and kids don't mix well.)
Please stand by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment