Thursday, July 8, 2010

Why Put Off Until Tomorrow, What You Can Put Off for Another Week?

I am, disappointed in myself. I'm not surprised. But I am disappointed.

I "missed" a week with "Mommy's Piggy Tales." Of course it's my own fault. I could have been typing instead of playing computer games. But I just couldn't get motivated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do have excuses.

I had PMS-- that alone can put one out of her ever-lovin' mind.

I had many visits to attend to: family get-together fish-fry, son's God family about to fly out to new diplomatic assignment, MIL & SIL coming over on a rare visit, other kids' birthday parties-- that can wear a body out.

I am hoping that my master bath will be finished (after a year!!!!) being painted, and we can use it again, which means we will be able to concentrate on clearing out the room that is the computer room/office so our son can move in there so our daughter can move in his room so our computer/office can move into the corner of our bedroom where the baby currently is, which means that we are having to do a lot of culling/sorting/storing-- that sentence made my brain hurt, let alone thinking of all the logistics.

I've been finishing other projects that I have long put off since my house has been piled miles-high in disarray, and is now regaining some order (see above)-- that has made me feel accomplished in and of itself, exclusive of other endeavors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are all excuses, and I sometimes feel I have no excuse. I could have written. When I did sit down today to write, the words just flowed (in between juvenile interruptions.) That's been a constant problem of mine. I can do B+ work at a last minute dash, and A+ work if I sit down & put some advance effort into it. I should not offer excuses.

I feel better with excuses.

Maybe the main problem has been being self-conscious about what & how to write. My Week 3 offering was long(ish) and had a very negative vibe. I know what my life story is like, and I know that I get hurt a lot over my young years-- nothing "damaging," but "character building" is painful in its own time, nonetheless. I have been afraid of being too long-winded and a downer, thus putting off anyone who wants to read my blog.

I've talked over with myself, framed things out in my mind, and prayed over it. I considered maybe writing a long blog, but then linking up a just a "happy" excerpt. In the end, God reminded me that I should write for my heart, not for my "audience." This blog is for me, for my needs, and sometimes, my needs also meet another's, but not through my own choosing, but by living the life I pray that God has led me to live. That's the way His plan works; not by my design, but His, wonderfully so & inexplicable.

So there on Wednesday is a long Blog post "catching" up from the previous week. Missed linking up, sort of bummed that I won't be eligible for a "Perfect Attendance Award." I, think, tho, that there are others participating for whom one of the prizes will mean so much more to them than it would to me. There I feel better.

But if, say, one of the prizes turns out to be "waking up 60 pounds lighter" or "house magically rearranged without any physical effort," you'll remember that I did get my "Week 4" entry in before Week 4 was over, OK?

2 comments:

  1. I have been out of town for the past couple of weeks with limited internet access. I SO know what you mean about the writing about childhood thing. So much of mine is just plain hard to write about. I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I am enjoying reading about your childhood and your other posts too. You are a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry about having long posts. I think mine are kind of long, too, and I actually hate having to feel like I'm leaving a lot out. I should probably feel less edited myself. You are a fabulous writer. And you're still in the running, right, since she said to link up both this week - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete